An Accounting Manager who is responsible for overseeing day-to-day financial aspects of the Company, as well as project-oriented tasks. The Accounting Manager is responsible for month-end financial close, client billing, cash management, forecasting, accounting systems administration, payables and receivables. They will be a great communicator and will manage a team of individuals who assist with these tasks. They will also function as the primary contact between the Finance Department and other department heads, using open communication and strategy to assist where they can.
- Lead month-end close to ensure accurate and timely reporting of business and financial information in compliance with policies and US GAAP. Develop and maintain financial reporting processes that meet internal and external reporting requirements.
- Perform and manage daily accounting functions
- Perform and review monthly client billing
- Perform and review account reconciliations and analysis of financial statements including P&L, Balance Sheet and Cash Flow
- Oversee payroll, accounts payable, accounts receivable and revenue reporting
- Prepare internal reports and analysis on variances on a monthly basis
- Support the annual and ongoing financial forecasting activities.
- Additional duties and projects as needed to support the business
- Ability to audit a finance department and assess needs and strengths
- Work effectively with other departments within the agency as the primary contact between Media, Communications and Client Services departments.
- Manage and supervise Finance staff
- BA or BS in Accounting, Finance Required
- 5+ years of senior accounting and/or corporate accounting experience
- Experience managing employee(s)
- Strong knowledge of accounting, budgeting and forecasting
- Strong organizational and prioritization skills
- Proficient in excel
- Ability to work independently and prioritize projects that are mission critical
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a professional manner
- Great communication skills, both verbal and written
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
We offer a fun, inclusive agency culture, competitive salary, travel perks, vacation and comprehensive benefits package.
Under our Hybrid Remote Work Policy, qualifying employees will have the ability to work remotely up to 3 days each week (Monday-Friday) with the remaining days being worked in HY's Milwaukee office. Employees will have the ability to choose which, if any, days they would like to work remote.
Hoffman York is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
WHO WE ARE
Hoffman York is a dynamic full-service agency with experience building brands across all channels and clients ranging from Fortune 200 companies to startups. We are one of the longest running, continuously operating, independent agencies in the U.S., calling Milwaukee home for more than 80 years. We believe in ROI or “Return on Ideas.” It means we provide more than creativity. We create results.
We follow best practices and protocols to ensure a clean and safe work environment for our employees who choose to work from our newly remodeled office located in Milwaukee's bustling Third Ward. Hoffman York continues to keep our agency team members and clients connected virtually in ways that continue to provide our employees and clients success towards achieving their goals.